Carbon Fiber Wound Dressings
There are two types of the product. One is self-adhesive type and consists of substrate, release paper and the dressing core. The other is non-adhesive type and consists of dressing core. The substrate is made of nonwovens with medical hypo-allergenic adhesive sprayed on or polyurethane films (PUF). The dressing core is made from carbon fiber absorbent pad.
This product is used for second- degree and below burns, and the protection of burn wounds and incisions.
Mechanism of Action
The product can be used for isolating the wound from outside and absorbing undesirable odor, thus protecting the wounds.
1. Before use it. Clean and disinfect the skin around the wound,
2. According to the size of the wound, choose the right size. Select the product whose edge is 2cm wider than that of the wound.
3. As to self-adhesive products, remove the release paper at first, stick the dressing core on the wound site. As to non-adhesive products, cover it on the wound site, if necessary, fix it with gauze or medical tape by medical workers.
4. For larger burn wounds, can use a non-adhesive multi-block overlapping dressings to cover it.
5. When getting rid of dressings, lift one side of the product, remove it gently from the wound. If the product is adhered to the wound, then first soak the dressings with sterile saline solution, then remove the dressings.