VARIOTHERM® – Infant care system for postnatal care, resuscitation and
During the first hours and days of life, new born and premature babies primarily need warmth, comfort and closest possible contact to their parents. The VARIOTHERM infant care system has been developed for these very special conditions and offers unimpeded access for diagnostic and therapeutic measures as well as care treatments.
The VARIOTHERM product line is modular and can be adapted to different situations, e.g. examination, resuscitation or intensive care. With different types of acrylic wall assemblies and numerous accessories of choice the device can be upgraded to a fully functional care unit.
The VARIOTHERM product line is built up modularly, suitable for all requirements:
VARIOTHERM C – Infant care system with swivelling CERAMOTHERM radiant warmer, static height or height-adjustable: Gentle radiation in the medium and long-wave infra-red range, generated by 2 ceramic heating elements (capacity 400 W each). It is equipped with a closed mashed high-grade steel safety guard. The CCM-function (Clever Curve Movement) focuses the radiation on the patient, even in swivelled position.
VARIOTHERM KCE – Infant care system with CERAMOTHERM radiant warmer and under-pad heating with soft-gel pad, static height or height-adjustable: additionally equipped with actively heated gel pad to support the stabilisation of the body temperature.
Further special characteristics:
- Four sturdy smooth double castors provide a stable position of the incubator and allow easy movement.
- 3 integrated take-off sockets 230 V to connect additional devices.
- All VARIOTHERM infant systems can be equipped with the gentle and smooth “soft-lift” height adjustment. Bed height adjustable from 850 to 1150 mm, operation by foot pedals at the front (standard) or at the side.
- The bed can be tilted up and down (± 0-12°) by one hand, with the patient remaining below the radiant warmer. The baby is never exposed to temperature fluctuations.
- Side walls can be folded down by one hand allowing unimpeded access for users and parents.
Additional safety side walls prevent the infant from falling out of the bed if unattended. During care, these walls can be retracted into the bed.